Monday, February 11, 2013

Back To Seoul and Goodbye to a Friend

After a light snooze on the train from Busan to Seoul, we settled back in at our friend's home. We were informed about some local UFC competition. I wanted to go after hearing about the price, and we were able to get tickets for only 10 USD! If you're not familiar with UFC you can check the Wiki page:
Or the official page:
If you have your own thoughts on the point of the UFC events or how you feel about it...in South Korea it was much cheaper to attend than in the U.S.A. and the bargain hawk that I am said yes, yes I will experience something new and outside my comfort zone because it is low cost. I'm an enthusiast for an event if it is cheap while traveling :)

We picked up some pizza for the event, because you can take in your own food and beverages to most events in South Korea such as this one. I love the food and beverage policies of South Korea—for that alone—I think all events are better in South Korea :) Shortly after arriving outside to the event, I found my camera was missing it's memory card. I had to resort to my phone camera and took the best photos I could.








We also got a photo of our friend Andy and a man with a sign that read Andy Hug :)


After the event you are allowed to enter the ring for photos and good times. I found there were plenty of blood stains, loud voices, and fun photos to the make the trip down worth the effort.




After the event, we all headed for some amazing Korean BBQ...no pics :( Bellies full and the bed was the only option left.

The next day! Meg, our friend (not who we were staying with), and myself went to COEX and walked around. I ate some great curry at a low price. Bargain hawk smiles were included in the meal. The fountain in the food court was “interesting”....but reminded me of Akira. If you're familiar with Akira think of the older children subjects...







Walking around left us board, even though there were plenty of one-off laughs to be had. Arriving at the movie theater in the COEX, you will find many touch screen computers that let you buy a movie ticket and select your own seat. The whole movie experience was excellent. After the first movie we all had some food. Having nothing left to do, we saw another movie! The first movie was Contraband:
and the second, well I have no idea :) I even looked at movie releases in 2011 and 2012 to see if I could remember what we saw. Not knowing what I saw bugs me :( I have no idea what the second movie was but I do remember it not being very good. It was a lot later after the second movie. Most of the mall and shops in the area were closed or closing. Food options where looking grim. Taking a taxi to a near by sushi restaurant that our friend found with an Internet search. We stopped at the first sushi place we saw, which wasn't the original one he had found on the Internet. The food was, hmm...let me show you...

\






The place was nice and we had a lot of food. There wasn't a lot of food that we could eat and enjoy...that's the trick. After spending too much money on what tasted like chewy ocean we called it a night.

The next day, we said our goodbyes and Meg and I headed to our first S. Korea WWOOF experience!


Tip of the Day: When you don't speak the language, don't scoff at the power of pointing, drawing, and having pictures in advance for what you need/want.


2 comments:

  1. Do not believe the lies! You are not apart of their system! You know what you need to do, and which ground needs to feel your wrath...
    Q

    ReplyDelete