Saturday, April 7, 2012

More Tainan!!!


Last time I ended things on a hungry note. We had found our way to Ung Chicken. Up until getting to Ung Chicken, I hadn't had too many issues ordering food from any establishments in Taiwan and that includes those without English Menus. At Ung Chicken no one spoke English, well in truth a few did but their vocabulary was so narrow that if you just rounded it you'd say zero. I went to leave a few times, because I thought it would be too much hassle to get food on a hungry stomach. Meg didn't see or notice my motion to leave. I think she was occupied with trying to work with over six waiters trying to help us. The only saving grace for the predicament was Google Translator that one of the waiters was able to pull up on his phone. Once we got out food it was great!



On the way to Ung Chicken, we saw the Flower Rabbit Garden and thought it looked so cute we'd get food there. Sadly, the Flower Rabbit Garden was more of a cafe than a full restaurant that didn't have more than snacks and pastries.



We rode the bikes back to the hostel with some left overs in tow. We watch one of the worst romantic comedies I've ever seen—I Hate Valentines Day—and went to bed disappointed. Even the next day it was so bad, we continued to make jokes about the movie. We checked out smoothly enough with the hostel and were still allowed to rent bikes, while we kept our luggage at the hostel and went out to explored more. We were going to one of Taiwan's oldest Confucianism Temples but became sidetracked with a mission for Meg's Coffee (Operation MC), which tended to be a common occurrence. We found a StarBucks that had a massive line and we just went diagonally across the street to found a great cafe with satisfying food to email home about. Not sure what the name of the Cafe was because it was only in Chinese. I did manage some pictures of the outside, as well as their web address. We people-watched for a while and remembered we had limited time. Got back on our unlocked bikes and set off again.

            


After the Operation MC, we easily found our way to the Confucianism Temple. I made the decision that I had plenty of battery on my camera and that I wouldn't have much purpose in saving it for later. I went camera happy at the Temple. If you want to feel like you've been there then you're in luck; look no further than below for your Confucianism Temple needs :) I will say that some of the photographs are hard to make out because of the reflection of the sunlight on the glass cases and this is because it is also difficult in person to see into the cases to look at the artifacts. The only advantage in person, is you can move your head around to find better angles. I also got some more stamps while at the Temple...

                                              

         

            

                    

                    

                    

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

                                               

                                               

                                               

                    

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

            

                                     

            

            


We made our way back to the Hostel to return our bikes and walked to the bus station without our Ung Chicken leftovers for the bus to make our way to Taichung, which is where Greg & Jonny live! On the bus, I watch some of Transformers Two, which I don't recommend but found the Chinese subtitles entertaining. I also used the below cabin toilet. On most of the charter buses that have to go longer distances in Taiwan they will have restrooms. The buses that look like double-decker buses will have the top level for passengers and the below is either for luggage or luggage and a restroom. We were on the highway when I used the facilities. The toilet doesn't flush your discharge until the senor knows you've left the immediate area, which left me nervous we'd hit a bump that would cause a rapid and strong upward force on more than just me ;) My bathroom experience on the bus went smoothly. I got some blog writing done on the bus and we made it to Taichung without a mishap. We met up with Greg and Jonny after some confusion with the cab driver that left Meg talking to multiple people on his cellphone to get them to understand where we were going.

In the next exciting installment...I get a strange urge to make these things end like an old television episode of Batman or the Lone Ranger or something like that...sorry...
I'll fill everyone in on what we did, or I should correct with how little we did in Taichung.

No comments:

Post a Comment