Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hoodies And a Walk


Days have past and still I'm a slave to the computer. I put the finishing touches on my mother's Sony Vaio computer last night. It feels good to knock out the computer issues, but then again I never thought I'd work on computers for almost two weeks. Besides being a hermit at my mother's I have enjoyed my time out when ever possible.

I managed to make it out of bed just before two in the afternoon. I found it hard to get out of bed the several times I was woken before which was either by alarms (mine or not), my mother, or other ruckus occurring. I also managed the strength to place an extra cover over me in the morning after the last of the noise makers left that finally gave me he warmth I needed to sleep right. And when I say cover I actually mean a cloth shower curtain but I wasn't going to complain if it meant the difference between sleeping comfortably or barely resting.

I took my sister along with me on a brisk but reasonable one point seven mile excursion to my mother's work. Looking back I wish I would have taken more pictures walking along Fourth Avenue. I was preoccupied with making sure my sister kept pace. After getting to my mother's work I checked out some local shops including even Walmart! I refuse to shop at Walmart under most conditions because of their business practices but I had gotten desperate trying to find ponchos. They didn't have them so I didn't have to break the nonbinding contract with myself. After making a few more stops Big 5 had what I was looking for.

After Walmart was the point that I met back up with my sister and my mother at her work. We made a few stops and I finally got my first meal of the day well past six. With some renewed vigor I made a final stop at Marshalls and found a great replacement for the hoodie that broke two days prior while zipping it up. All in all I'm excited to take a few more walks around the area. I also know that my new hoodie made both my mother and my sexy girlfriend happy, which I felt rather proud about.


Tip For the Day, don't count on finding ponchos in California to be an easy task. And do check out a Big 5 if you are in the market for some ponchos. Washington must consume more ponchos than I realized because I never had a problem finding them nor do I remember paying as much as I did in Cali for them as Washington—no witty catch phrase for WA...maybe Wash? Sounds like laundry time.

3 comments:

  1. So do you need the ponchos to stay warm...lol, I know from personal experience they do work :). And if you cant find any I can mail them to you. Being from "Wash" and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, they will keep you warm and moist, you taught me that. Believe it.

    I actually found a pack of two at a dollar store the next day...bought them as well, but it would have saved me money had I gone there first.

    ReplyDelete