Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pho!!!!

Yesterday I took my mother, sister, and brother to some Pho. My mother and brother's first time. My mom was a little skeptical of why we were there at first, but enjoyed herself once we were eating. This place actually served it the way I am used to, with limes and not lemons. The Pho was great.


Outside of the establishment on Anaheim Street they had a great bike rack. Bike racks like his and other cool designs are all over Long Beach's commercial areas. The unique bike racks remind me of Seattle.



After the food, conversation, and good vibrations (wrong movie?) we went to the mall, which seemed busy but not overly so for a Tuesday evening so close to Christmas. Walked around for a long time and the only thing I noticed was there seemed to be a large amount of poorly named shops. Not funny names just uninspiring, like J-Bees. The DQ intermission was a delight, but the table suffered a few messes by everyone including myself. Bed, Bath, & Beyond seemed to occupy the most of our time. I bought a beard shaver for $12 and a pair of bras for the lady, which was discussed in advanced. It was a pair of the Genie Bras...as seen on TV so hopefully they live up to the hype. I felt awkward buying bras without a woman that when the cashier asked if I needed a gift receipt that I said, "Yes." Don't know why I felt the need to say that considering I've bought Tampons for people before without issue but maybe because Tampons can't be confused for whom they are for and a bra could? :)

By the time we reached home my feet weren't feeling good...dogs were barking. We all took a walk to the beach anyways. The beach was deserted. It was peaceful, beautiful, and sadly cold. We didn't stay long but it was a good conclusion to the night.

Tip of the Day, bring a jacket when going to the beach, even if it seems too warm for one. Never a bad plan of action in my imaginary book.


PS check out my $6 watch from Big Lots...not going to get mugged for this one :)




3 comments:

  1. That watch's Stop Watch has been more handy than I thought. I use it a lot now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way that watch has it all it is a shame it can not calculate if it could it would be almost as amazing as it would.
    Q

    ReplyDelete