Friday, December 30, 2011

Words Without Pictures

I let my last post's pictures do the talking and now I thought a post without pictures might be due.

I worked on some more computers, another Fry's visit (and a different one this time), walks around the area, washing clothes, and lots of other events that aren't too thrilling but satisfying. I'm leaving next week and my mind has been more focused on what I need to get done, before I leave another place I've come to call home.

I spent some time trying to find the plans Meg and I talked about but came up empty. Meg is my lady if you didn't know. From what I can manage to wrangle from my memory the plans are very tentative and only until April / May thus far.

First place I'll be headed is Taipei, Taiwan. Won't be there long though. The next place to visit is in the Philippines. We'll be staying with some people Meg knows...I think? Not sure on the length of this stay but I'm thinking not longer than a few weeks or so. At his point it should be about early February or near the middle of February.
Now things get a little more on the fuzzy side, like near the end of a bottle of wine. We will be going to Indonesia and looking around. Next is Papua New Guinea. I don't know much about this country but I plan on learning a lot before, and during my stay. Now to a place I'm also excited for is Australia. I'm also hoping the process isn't too long to apply but if we like it there we'd like to say for at least a month or longer. We should be getting to Australia April-May like. From Australia I'm not sure because things are even more up in the air. We might go meet up with other friends in other places, or Japan, but I'd like to see New Zealand while I'm closer that way. After all of this? I haven't a clue what will actually happen, a lot can happen from now until May, but I know I'll be glad no matter what for the experiences by the time May comes around. We might need a break or just change our minds about where we are going because you have to live a little and not always in a planner.

I know making our way back up we'll be seeing Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Cambodia to name a few and probably in an order like that. I'm also really looking forward in getting into some volunteer programs, teaching, etc...just getting involved. All of the for-mentioned require a lot of planning though, which will most likely start happening once I leave the states.

The last thought I have is security and money. I'm getting a lot of advice, and I've also done my share of research, but I'm still figuring out all the strategies that will work best for Meg and I. I hear people talk about security belts and such, but my thought is aren't those well known enough that they don't work that well? I'm also worried about getting stabbed to have it cut off of me. I'm not much of a worry bug but I am someone that plans what is possible and looks to prevent it where possible. That's all for now, but as I make more plans I'll post some pictures of what I'm doing and what I hope to do.

Tip for the day, the GPS is your friend...that and wear glasses if you need them!

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to purchase a WaistBelt for your travels. Safety is always #1, when traveling. Oh yes and also, let the American Embassy know where and when you'll be abroad, (www.usembassy.gov). I love you my dear global traveling nephew. XO auntie Francine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the belts are known however if you use a wallet, most thieves will take that and run. Most thieves are not going to "pat you down". Your passport and major money are all you need to put in it anyway. The idea is to forget about it and have FUN! FEAR = False Evidance Appearing Real. So... HAVE FUN! XO auntie Francine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get a waist belt but I think I have it figured out now. I'm more worried about other countries. Taiwan is pretty safe.

      Delete
  3. I feel like i was there myself so detailed.
    Q

    ReplyDelete